rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to deal with extreme mental exhaustion

How to deal with extreme mental exhaustion

Quote: (04-05-2015 01:12 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Learn how to meditate. There are threads on it here. Eventually you'll reduce mental chatter during the day. Proven to relax the brain and reduce stress.

Your current problem and impending doom is very common among anyone in mid-senior level business management. I would say almost everyone is under the same pressure, its how you deal with it that counts. Because you expend so much energy day to day, things outside of work become that much harder to do.

Meditation can have a profound effect on you with minimal time investment. I use the Headspace App and like it a lot.

You need time off of everything when not at work. Solitude, procrastination and downtime are under-appreciated. You need to rest. Do nothing for a day. Shut off everything, or just cruise the web reading message boards, for an entire day. Just do whatever it is that pleases you. Of course this fly's in the face of the hyper adderall fueled extreme advice of lift>sprint>fast>party>bang>rinse>repeat>zen - you sort of are excluded from that group because frankly, you have too much other shit going on in your life.

Walking. Again, not extreme, but is easy enough, and yields good results. Walk for hours. Pick a city near you and walk. Or find a long trail that puts you out there for hours. Personally I do both. Talk on the phone, shop, eat, game, what ever I feel like in the moment. Walking is a joy.

Fix your lifestyle. Improve your home, design it exactly how you want and keep it clean and uncluttered with no GF's, wives or roommates. Make it your respite and true get away spot.

Fix your commute - Can you walk to work? I will work two hours each way to work, and carry or stash a dress shirt to get a walk in. Especially after work.

Massage, Accupuncture, etc.

Lastly, Side Gig. What other ways are you making money? What other things are you exploring to earn money from? And we are not talking about a hobby. This is a serious exploration of the different ways you can generate value in this world and get paid for it. Out of anger sublimation some of the greatest companies have been born. Put your mental frustration into where you want your life to head, to fix a problem you see wrong, that is owned by you. You wont have many hours to devote some weeks, but overall, you are opening up many alternative outcomes, rather than hanging your hat on one.

Messages In This Thread