rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Joining the military.

Joining the military.

The Marines changed my life for the better in every way possible. In high school, I was socially awkward, introverted, skinny fat and unpopular. It is a big decision, but I made the plunge. In 3 short months of bootcamp, my life turned around. It made me realize the sky is the limit, gave the confidence to take on the world, and forced me out of the box. My lay rate went up exponentially, I became popular, started whooping ass, and gained an invaluable skill set. I used to think I'd never see foreign countries, but after visiting around a dozen while enlisted, I realized my desire for travel, and have lived abroad for years.

I get preference with having that EGA on my resume, along with the years of defense contracting. Employers know that no matter what kind of shit they throw at me, I can handle it and lead a team through the toughest of times.

When someone asks whether or not they should join, I tell them to read The Ants and the Grasshopper.

Messages In This Thread