rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Joining the military.

Joining the military.

If you join the Army as a 35P (cryptologic linguist) you will get to spend anywhere from 6-18 months stationed in Monterey, CA learning a language full-time. The other services all have an equivalent of this MOS and send their people to the same school. By the time you graduate, if you graduate (it's one of the military courses with the highest fail rate), you'll be borderline fluent in your language.

The downside is that if you're a new enlistee, you can submit preferences but won't get to actually pick your language (if you've already been in for a few years you can re-enlist to go to school for a specific language, which is what I did to study Mandarin). The largest contingents of students at the school by far are studying Mandarin, Korean, Russian, Arabic, and Farsi--so odds are you'll get assigned to one of those languages although there are 15-20 or so other languages taught there and they're also possibilities. Obviously some of those languages are more attractive to the type of men reading this forum than others.

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!

Messages In This Thread