rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eckhart Tolle and Spiritual Enlightenment

Eckhart Tolle and Spiritual Enlightenment

Well I don't take everything he says on face value some of this makes sense to me:

Quote: (04-04-2015 01:13 PM)EagleMan Wrote:  

I liked The Power of Now except for these parts:

Quote:Quote:

“What does remain true, however, is that the energy frequency of the mind appears to be essentially male. The mind resists, fights for control, uses, manipulates, attacks, tires to grasp for control and so on. This is why the Traditional God is patriarchal, controlling authority figure, and often angry man who you should live in fear of, as the Old Testament suggests. This God is a projection of the human mind.”

I think what he is talking about there comes from Taoism, and the idea that there are masculine and feminine energies within consciousness. Yang represents the masculine: analytical, aggression, etc. That which asserts itself into the world, while Yin represents the yielding, submissive, and feminine. And in that understanding, every balanced being contains both.

I don't think many would disagree that the ancient Hebrews were a patriarchal society.

Quote:Quote:

“Every woman has her share in what could be described as the collective female pain-body – unless she is fully conscious. This consists of accumulated pain suffered by women partly through male subjugation of the female through slavery, exploitation, rape, childbirth, child loss, and so on, over thousands of years. The emotional or physical pain that for many women precedes and coincides with menstrual flow is the pain-body in its collective aspect that awakens from its dormancy at that time.”

I think there could be something to this, but I don't really know. If you consider the ancient Roman legend of the "Rape of the Sabine Women", I'm sure that represents something that actually happened many times in human history. (It's not that far from using evo-psych to explain "caveman game".) Basically, he could just be saying that humanity's past is carried as a legacy within our DNA.

Women do tend to more closely identified with their bodies while men identify with their minds. If you've ever had a sister or other relative give birth, you know that it takes a toll on their body.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Messages In This Thread