rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Academia is toxic to red pill men, and why I'm dropping my PhD program

Academia is toxic to red pill men, and why I'm dropping my PhD program

Quote: (09-22-2018 11:38 AM)spydersuit Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2018 11:18 AM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2018 11:09 AM)spydersuit Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2018 11:05 AM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  

Graduate school, medical school, law school, etc is all a waste of time if the goal is money. Your better off being in investment banking or Technology sales.

False. The data does not lie. More education = more income.

Those occupations are not a good fit for everyone. On average, most people in those occupations make far more money than those in tech sales or investment banking over a lifetime. most investment bankers make around 100K and have an MBA - a graduate degree.
Data is missing leading. They are taking into account every joe blow with a 4 yr degree compared to every joe blow with a MBA yeah Mr.Blow with a MBA is going to make more money. However go take that same data and look up the median income for investment bankers.

You have to factor in opportunity cost as well. All the time your taking studying away making 14k-20k a year while taking on more debt you are declining in net worth.

Meanwhile Mr.Chad takes on the investment banking gig after getting his Bachelor's degree and stacks his money and is now worth 500k by the time Mr.Blow finishes his PhD program and is making a larger yearly salary.

False. Those are lifetime earnings reported. There are hundreds of studies that found the same thing. FWIW I know plenty of investment bankers in wall street and london and not one of them has 500K. They have great jobs but not that kind of wealth. Especially after their first 3-5 years on the job. I know many people that earned 50-90k per year as PhD students. Not saying that a phd, md, jd, is for everyone. I am saying on average that they make more over their lifetimes than people that do not have those degrees. The data does not lie. The study has been replicated 100s of times. Go look for yourself. Cheers.

You not factoring in opportunity cost. You don't need a fucking MBA to get into investment banking. You may know'plenty' of investment bankers but you don't know the successful ones who go the extra mile and play the politics need to make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Just go to a school that gets recruited well and get your bachelor's NETWORK and get a good gig.

I'm not saying 500k is the norm but it is realistic after ten years.

Lifetime earnings means next to nothing. What would you rather be? The investment banker who retires after 15 years because he had a cash flow of 300k+ a year with no debt or the doctor who makes 250k average a year, has 800k of medical school who student loans who is handcuffed to Uncle Sam for the rest of his life

I'm looking at big picture, your looking at the manipulated data that the BLS.gov pushes so the sheep will remain sheep and keep working for the rest of there life's.

Here is some more detailed oriented data to back up the investment banking claim :https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/salary/investment-banking-compensation

Also, look at every major OEM for Technology sales on glass door (Oracle,HPE, VMware, etc.) And see what the pay potential is like. It gets very lucrative very quickly if you are good at what you do.

Growth Over Everything Else.

Messages In This Thread