rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Comparing oneself to others

Comparing oneself to others

I compare myself to myself.

I use excel for a few things. One sheet has the dates of the month in the rows, and the activities I want to focus on in columns. For example: workout, study, guitar, stick to diet on the top. Every day I accomplish an activity I will turn the corresponding box to green. If I didn't do the activity that day, I turn the box to red. One quick scan through and I can see how I am doing. Periods where I see consistent runs of red are bad and I figure what I have to do to fix it.

For the gym I keep a log of every workout. I input my lifts into an excel worksheet. Sometimes when I feel like I'm not progressing, I flip through my log to a few months ago. When I realize I can bench 20lbs more now than a few months ago, it reaffirms myself that I am progressing in the direction I want. Or I just open the excel spreadsheet and look at the line chart of the exercises, as long as I see a steady trend upwards I am happy.

Same concept for networth.

You can not compare yourself to others. There are way to many variables that you can not control, and focusing on things you can not control is just going to stress you out even more.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Messages In This Thread