rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having kids

Having kids

This is a fascinating argument for which I would love to have more definitive information.

Although I don't claim to have all the answers in the nature vs nurture argument here is a real life anecdote in my own family.

My older sister has 4 kids, all grown now. Ages 32 (girl), 30 (boy)and a pair of twins that are 20 (girl & boy).

The two oldest are her biological children, while the twins were both adopted at birth. The mother of the twins, was bi-polar and had a history of drug addiction and the father had developmental delays as well.

Even though all of the kids had access to the same education, income, and socio-economical advantages, there was a marked difference in how they arrived at their current position in life. The two older siblings both moved out of the home, attended college, and are gainfully employed with the oldest girl even starting a family and now happily married.

Unfortunately, the younger two haven't faired as well to this point. The girl is a HS drop-out mom 3 times over starting at the tender age of 15, and the boy twin also a HS dropout, is now prisoner # 940563 in the state penitentiary. Even with having similar upbringings, and positive modeling in their older siblings the younger set didn't seemed to follow the social cues that were in place for them.

The only variable where we could reasonably point towards failed parenting would be that my sister and her husband were divorced when the twins were two yrs old. The boy eventually went to live with the adopted dad, and the girl with my sister giving both arguments some credence.

MDP

Messages In This Thread