rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having kids

Having kids

After seeing how messed up the world is as a teen I never felt the strong desire to Sire a child.

Who would be proud to raise a Man in this Feminist Empire and dysfunctional global economy adding nothing but McJobs for the last 5 years since the great recession?

Any desire I had was dampened and drenched with the rain of prospect of income inequality and feeling of nihilism that I felt in my early 20's about what is the purpose for existing when no one cares about meaning, just superficial goods?

Through hard work I was able to overcome much of my despair but many people regardless of genetics may not be so lucky. Out of the millions of potential combinations of genes how can you guarantee your child will be emotionally and mentally strong enough to survive in their world (which will be drastically different from ours 25-50 years from now) and prosper?

If I was Rich maybe, but even then I would rather focus on cleaning up the mess our forefathers have left before bringing more people to have to bear the burden of cumulative societal dysfunctions which have built up since before the cold war era.

My answer to this may be deep, but so is bringing another life into this world. Take it seriously, and put yourself in their shoes being brought into this insanity. How would you feel if you were them? At the end of the day you just don't know to a certain degree because each generation is different. Also consider the possibility now more than ever for a multitude of reasons they could end up being autistic or having down syndrome or special needs even if both you and the mother are young and healthy. I'll end this before going off on a tangent but we need to clean up the pollution in our environment.

Messages In This Thread