rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Injury from Arm-Wrestling

Injury from Arm-Wrestling

I can arm wrestle with the hand again now. Obviously I don't go as hard as I used to if I can see I'm arm wrestling a better, but for making a fool out of ripped young blokes trying to test me it still serves the purpose. Didn't Oliver Reed die this way?

From time to time it flares up when I'm doing a lot of pullup/chinup workouts. A week off usually sets me right again.

I'm becoming a big believer in the body's ability to adapt to whatever limitations, within reason, that you provide for it. Assuming that you give it time and back off when it tells you you're going too fast, anyways.

This falls way beyond the realm of the cracked elbow - maybe I'll get into it some other time. But I will say that I've blown physical therapists minds doing stuff after injuries way worse than this in the past few years, and left them at a loss of words to argue with the value of strength training to heal seemingly crippling injuries with the right focus of mind.

The human body is an amazing thing. Back it with the human mind and it really gets wild.

More on this later, I think.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread