rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is D.C Bad for Single Men?

Why is D.C Bad for Single Men?

I've also noticed that the au-pair market has shrunk. I dated some au-pairs back in '05-06 and although it was transient, at least I wasn't lonely. But that avenue seems very diminished now.

While the recession has had an effect, I don't understand why DC would suffer. DC is the one economic hub that was unaffected by the recession, in fact lots of people were supposed to move here... both males and females. Are you saying that more male transplants moved here in recent years than female ones? More jobs, more internships is supposed to be good for everybody, both men and women. DC's strong government jobs/contracts were supposed to be an oasis of wealth and stability, in an otherwise recession-torn country.

I do think that the end of the war in Iraq has tipped the scales in terms of DC's sex ratio. That's the one variable I can point to, in terms of actual demographic data. More soldiers coming home to the US = more male competition.

Messages In This Thread