rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

1000 Words Per Day Writing Challenge
000 Words Per Day Writing Challenge
There's so much avoidance, procrastination, "learning and preparation," and time-wasting going on in the world of the writer when what you really should be doing is...writing.

Of course, there's no clearcut prescription but many famous authors advocated or held themselves to 1000 words per day, each and every day. Stephen King, for one. In fact, Ray Bradbury said you should put in 1000 words per day for 3 years just to build your basic foundation as a writer.

That may be an extreme statement in a world where you can make money with information online pretty quickly, but the general habit makes perfect sense considering that building the right habits is often the key to getting what you want in life.

Since I'm a freelancer, I feel it necessary to state that the stipulation is the work you do for clients does not count for this challenge. This must be 1000 words of your own content, whether for your book, blog, or other intellectual property. It must be yours.

Note: guest blogs or other marketing materials created for someone else's site but for your own purposes will count too.

We're not talking polished and shining final draft content here. Just 1000 words of raw writing on a daily basis.

Who is on board? I propose setting a 3-month goal on this. They say that it takes a month to solidify a goal, but I've read that's not entirely accurate and that it's more like 60 days. Might as well call it 90 and really establish a pattern here.

From there, you can reassess and decide if a different writing schedule would work better for you.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread