rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Questions about attraction

Questions about attraction

Quote: (12-30-2008 11:43 PM)NerdBoy Wrote:  

M'kay, new to the forum. Please do not kill/humiliate/whatever.

I'm terrible at meeting women. That little voice in the back of my head saying "naw, not her, she's too pretty. Not her either, she's walking her dog. Don't even think about that one, she's obviously engrossed in that mocha latte" is the bane of my ever lovin' existence. But if I can manage to get past that and have an actual conversation with a girl I can (depending on my mood and amount of liquid courage imbibed) ACTUALLY HOLD HER INTEREST.

Which brings me to the crux of my issue; I'm remarkably selective about the kind of woman I'm attracted to. If, during said CONVERSATION, she's less than engrossing I suddenly find myself uninterested. If she's as bright as a lightbulb dipped in tar my interest dwindles until I wander off to find something more fun. I live in College Station, TX, an area filled to bursting with hot sorority girls decked out in hot pink tank tops that rise just enough to show their tramp stamp and not a single one of them has a thought in their peroxide soaked head. I have witnessed men stumble out of a bar and literally trip in to a 5'5" buxom slice of hotness and not a single one of them do anything for me. If a girl aspires to own a dog small enough to carry in a purse I just don't give a damn.

So is this something I need to work on? Do I need to press past whatever conceited part of my mind that says "ugh, she doesn't know who Bacchus is?" to get more comfortable meeting women? Should I try to run game on only women I'm interested in, even though they're the minority?

Looking back I think I come off a little pompous. I don't mean to imply that I'm more intelligent than most women. Mostly it's an issue of the density of the "omiGAWD" valley girls in my area.

I hear you man.
Let me stress since moving to the US I experienced the same problem: I'm not looking for Einstein, but I hope to meet someone that wont think that Ingrid Betancourt is a new brand of french parfume! (yes, it did happen to me).

I think you should do two things if you are looking for girls that are intellectually more stimulating:

- Try to refine your social hang-out places. Join a writing class, get a membership for the local theater and watch a play.
In other words, do whatever you like doing, in a social way, where you maximize your chances of bumping into someone "enlightened" as you are ;-)

- However do put yourself in discussion, go out of your comfort zone a few times.
Better to learn what you like and dislike, rather than dissect and over-analyse a first impression.
Make an effort with the "hot" ladies of your town, if at all to re-inforce and experience first hand what you already assume.
Who knows? maybe lowering the standard and taking a chance will surprise you.

Personally I dont think anything can change the nature of a man, but little improvements can be made, if you are willing to go ahead.
Just do it in a superficial way, as mlucasone pointed out, you dont have to be 100% involved to get to know someone.
If she doesnt grow on you, you can always walk away.
Probe a little bit, if it doesnt work out, you can at least say that you gave her a full chance and realized it didnt really click.

Messages In This Thread