rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best cities in Asia to score a decent job and increasing it's own network

Best cities in Asia to score a decent job and increasing it's own network

Quote: (03-17-2015 01:25 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Quote: (03-16-2015 08:06 PM)clever alias Wrote:  

Quote: (03-16-2015 06:43 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

How valuable is a UK undergrad and US grad school degree in China? I work in corporate finance, but I don’t speak Chinese. I think I would have a good chance if I did speak Chinese...

I don't think the demand for corporate finance positions outside of management are that great in mainland China, but HK would have a lot more opportunities.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't too impressed by the talent in HK when I visited, I saw much hotter women when I crossed the border into mainland China. No chance of anything in mainland China?

I've met guys based out of Beijing and especially Shanghai that are in finance. They generally say that they could work from anywhere, so I assume that their role is international and they serve a global audience, but just happened to end up in China for some reason originally and have just stayed here since, Beijing and Shanghai not being bad cities if you can afford them.

While many of them seem to know Chinese (at least those that aren't from the US, Canada, Australia, the UK and NZ), I don't believe that it is important for their jobs.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread