rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to sell anything

How to sell anything

Quote: (02-26-2015 08:44 AM)Guitarman Wrote:  

"We talk a lot about social proof here. It's a very important thing to use in any part of your life, including sales. You want to appear as though:

You are an expert at X
You are someone people trust
You're busy. But not too busy to talk to the little guy."

I've been successful in selling in my business by actually being someone people trust, actually being good at what I do and I really am busy.

What you're describing are high pressure sales techniques. Great for an extrovert to apply but not for an introvert.They must work on some people, but they don't work on me! I'm the opposite, low pressure, let others do the recommending.

Personally I prefer the more subtle, low/ no pressure sales tactics, be helpfu, advise. If you have a good product/ service and are genuine you will have more customers than you can deal with.

In my opinion, being genuine/honest are pretty much prerequisites [Image: smile.gif] Unless you're selling a shitty self-help or spam product.

I do think that different techniques are required in different situations. Some people don't like to be pushed. HOWEVER, you cannot expect to do well at sales if you are an introvert. I'm not sure if you meant introvert customer or salesperson... but the key to being able to sell is being sociable. If you're an introvert that's a little harder. With that said, you can retrain yourself to be comfortable in those situations over time.

The great thing about having a good service (and customer service) and being honest with your customers, is you'll get good reviews. IE: social proof.

You may have to use the high-pressure techniques while you're still building up a rep. But when you know your shit, and you have people backing you up... like you said, you'll have more customers than you can handle!

I'm still in the high-pressure stage lol.

Messages In This Thread