rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

4 Reasons to go to college in the US
Reasons to go to college in the US
4 Reasons Why You Should Go to College (In the US)

The information in this post is mostly for those in the United States, but should translate to the systems of other countries. A lot of the manosphere is largely dismissive towards college, but this is based in part on truth, and in part on some misconceptions. I was going to do a full article to submit, but figured I’d rather post this initially and see feedback. I know there’s a ton more to add/clean up, but I’d love to hear what other people’s experiences have been.

1.    College doesn’t take that much time

I know a lot of men point to the trades or working overseas as being more rewarding than college, but they overlook that neither is mutually exclusive to higher education in the United States. Most colleges, even state schools, permit online courses which would allow you to be wherever you’d like while you study (note: most state schools don’t offer fully online Bachelor’s, however, you can be guaranteed an AA through online public education).
Even should you be taking full-time, on-campus courses, you’re looking at 12 units, or 12 hours a week in class. With proper planning, you can most likely land at least one or two classes a semester that don’t require daily attendance. If you think that you don’t have 12 hours for school in a week, you should reassess your time management.

2.    College is cheap, free, or even profitable

Another huge misconception about college is the price. Yes, private universities charge up to 40,000 a year, but that doesn’t matter if you don’t go there. Community college generally runs under 2,000 a year, and state schools around 5,000 a year (some are more- 15,000). Assuming you’re intelligent, you’ll spend 5,000 tops at the community college before transferring to do two years at a state school, where you’ll spend another 10,000 or so.

Isn’t that a  lot of money? Yes, and no. In the United States the federal government offers up to 5,500 a year in grants, and states generally offer around the same (in California, the state’s grants match their tuition, effectively making college free if you or your family is low-income). In my experience, I was paid 5,000 a year to go to junior college, my tuition was waved, and I transferred to a state university where the state took care of my tuition, and the federal government paid me an additional 5,000 for me to spend as I pleased annually.

My highschool grades (poor) and ethnicity (white) didn’t offer many scholarships, but most should be able to supplement money for school with scholarships. Even without, I still did well financially, and was able to graduate while working full time and incurring minimal debt.

3.     College is a social playground

College offers the opportunity to try new things socially, and at a location where you’ll be surrounded by new peers to interact with. If you attend a junior college beforehand as well, you’ve just doubled your college social networks. Most schools will be large enough that you can make friends in different social groups, allowing you more experiences, as well as more defenses should you decide that a certain group isn’t a good fit for you.

Colleges offer team sports (including lesser celebrated ones, such as speech and debate), school/student organizations (clubs and government) and Greek life, which is something every male should consider while in college. I participated in all of the above, and have significantly boosted my resume and my connections for jobs. I’ve also had the opportunity to meet a ton of people I don’t like, and am now able to avoid those types of people in the future.

4.    College is full of women

There’s no denying that college is full of the most opportunity for young men. Most schools offer a very generous 2:1 ratio (so even if half are fat, it still leaves a 1:1 ratio for you). Also, at least half of the men you’ll meet in college are absolute losers, whether they’re inept socially, or professionally have zero goals. This can be a detriment at times when looking to make strong friendships, but also severely limits the competition you’ll face. At most schools, having a job, being in shape, actually studying and dressing well will put you in the top 10% of your school, and women will notice.

Some might point out that colleges are a hotbed for false rape accusations and feminism, which while true, doesn’t mean you should give up completely. Careful college selection can dramatically decrease your chance of dealing with unpleasant women, and having a strong social presence can deter the success of false rape accusations (where I want to school, a couple males were accused of rape, and possibly truthfully- the outcome? Nothing, because other girls simply didn’t care, and a fair number almost seemed to like the appeal of playing with fire by being alone with the individuals drinking after the allegations came to light- despite not knowing the men at all, having only heard the warnings from their friends).

Many of my friends started college with weak game and ended with 20+ notches and a greatly increased confidence with women. It’s nearly unavoidable to gain some experience with the opposite sex, and with minimal effort, it’s easy to pull at least one new girl a montg

Messages In This Thread