rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health: Turmeric supplements

Health: Turmeric supplements

Quote: (06-09-2017 10:00 AM)redonion Wrote:  

Thanks to this thread I've been throwing some raw turmeric in my green smoothies. I've learned so much about health from RVF.

A couple questions:
1) Would I be better off taking supplements with black pepper instead of putting it in my smoothie? I could also try putting black pepper in my smoothie but that seems disgusting.
2) How much turmeric should I put in my smoothie? I've been cutting off a chunk about the size of my thumbnail. I also put ginger in my smoothies and use about the size of my whole thumb for that.

I think its always best to take most things naturally, but tumeric needs pepper to be absorbed. That's fine for the occassional stew or sauteed onions, but not a green smoothie. Also, its hard to consume the same quantity, especially every day, since it has a strong flavor even without the pepper.

Here is a link to some supplements. The serving size is 2 tablets to get to 1160 mg., so this is really just a 30 day supply. About $11-15/month.

Tumeric Supplement with Pepperine

But if you are prone to chronic inflammation, this is a good insurance policy for your health especially if it allows you to forego acetiminophen or other toxic pain relievers.

Here is an article about why you should take tumeric with pepper:

https://nutritionfacts.org/2015/02/05/wh...od-levels/

Messages In This Thread