rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Moved Abroad thread - how you did it, and why

The Moved Abroad thread - how you did it, and why

Since I'm in the process of expatriating, I wanted to make a condensed thread for those that have done it to come in and share their experiences and also help out us wannabe's.

Many of us want to escape the west for a happier life abroad, but what was it about your chosen destination that convinced you to set out for a new life there? Perhaps you've moved to the west and have a different perspective on the Anglosphere than those of us that are from here.

Was it just for the women? Maybe it was for career or just a much needed change.
What about culture, language, food, friends, finances, finding something meaningful to do with your time once you've settled in?
Do you have any regrets? Do you ever see yourself returning back to your homeland?

Culture:
What was the integration process like? How long did it take you to/ How far along are you to learn the language?

Friends:
Have you made friends with locals or do you mainly chill with other expats?

Women:
Have you just fucked around and acquired notches or have you gotten into an LTR or perhaps married to a lady in your new country? What was this process like and how is this going for you now? Children? Maybe you've even purchased a home for yourself or your family.

Food:
Do you enjoy the local cuisine or do you miss food from home? How is your health and fitness holding up? Dentistry, Optometry, minor surgeries, etc., is healthcare expensive or more reasonable than home?

Finances:
Have you settled into a career or found a way to make a good living? Have you created a location independent or passive stream of revenue to live on or maybe you're struggling to make ends meet?

Essentials for starting out:
For someone like myself and where I'm at in the process (less than a year away now): what did you initially take with you? What did you ship to your new destination in addition to your luggage? How much $$$ did you save before leaving?

I realize there is a ton of existing content already on the forum but I'm aiming for a thread that contains as much information for permanently living outside of the Anglosphere: Eastern Europe, South America, Asia & Southeast Asia, etc. Maybe you've already written on this, could you link to that post or perhaps expand on it here?

Thanks all

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Messages In This Thread