rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

That "Sixth Sense"

That "Sixth Sense"

Once when I was much younger I had a very weird experience.

We were all in the car about to set off on a 1 day family trip. Because we would be getting back late, my mum had already cooked the dinner (which I can still remember, spaghetti bolognese).

Those of you who are familiar with cooking will know that a bolognese sauce needs to simmer. Just before we left, my mum asked my grandad to turn off the hob and just let the sauce sit. My grandad having been raised in the 1930s probably had only touched an oven around 5 times before. Instead of turning it off, he actually turned up the heat.

I was waiting in the car whilst that exchange happened, and soon everyone got in. But I could just sense something wasn't right. I panicked and told my mum that something was wrong, she went inside and after about 2 minutes heard the gas oven cooking. It was at a high enough heat to boil away all the sauce and start a fire.

I'm surprised she believed me.

Messages In This Thread