rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

That "Sixth Sense"

That "Sixth Sense"

Interesting thing happened to me the other day. Can't really get over it because it reminded me of an incident from my childhood.

I was backing up out of a driveway on Tuesday night, totally dark outside. Nobody seemed to be around, so I just went into autopilot and began driving out. But for some reason, I got hit with a sick feeling in my stomach, and hit the brakes. A second later, some kid scurries away from behind my car, too close to have been able to see in my rear view mirror. Would have steamrolled him had I not stopped.

I reflected back on my life and I can think of other times where I've been bailed out of potentially life-altering experiences like this due to subconscious feelings of dread. Once when I was about seven or eight I was playing street hockey alone, shooting tennis balls against the wall of a community hall. Some guy popped up from around the side with a bag of chips and asked me to have some. I said no, knowing to never talk to strangers. He kept trying to convince me to come with him to his car because he had chocolate in it, and I should just follow him. He kept walking towards me, making piercing eye contact that I will never forget. I was overcome with that feeling of fear, that sense that something terrible might happen, despite being too young to know what his obvious intentions were. I dropped my stick and took off running towards some houses and was lucky to see some lady gardening a block away so I could call my parents. The lady called the cops, and the guy was eventually caught trying to lure another kid a few weeks later once the neighborhood had been alerted.

I don't know if this sort of thing qualifies as "extrasensory perception" or anything (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrasens...rception), and I doubt there will ever be accurate scientific models to describe it. But the reason I made a thread for this is to ask you guys about your experiences. Have you ever been in a situation where you knew something was wrong before it happened? Met someone who just seemed to be 'off?' Post here, Ive been fascinated by this stuff ever since my incident on Tuesday...

Messages In This Thread