rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Tax Lounge

RVF Tax Lounge

Quote: (01-31-2017 09:03 PM)NewDayNewFace Wrote:  

Diop, what city are you in just curious?

I'll start, I have a s Corp and probably worked half w2 last year and half 1099. My income is over 100k. What's the best software to use for something like this? Last year I tried a software and it just wasn't working out, had to go see an "accountant".

New DayNewFace, I am in Chicago.

Were you planning to self-prepare? If so, TurboTax Business is (unfortunately) probably your best bet even for the S-Corp since it walks you through it. I've consulted for Intuit and have some experience with their programs, and they do miss a lot of stuff that requires a human being to tinker with to maximize deductions. It does make it very user-friendly though, which is helpful if you don't have a lot of experience with corporate tax return preparation. Not sure how much it costs, maybe around $200?

I've heard some good things about Tax Act Software, but haven't used it myself so I can't really say if I'd recommend it or not.

The program I use is called ATX, and in my opinion it's top of the line. There are other good programs out there as well, but this is my favorite one. Thing is, it's designed for tax preparers so it costs a boatload (almost $2K) and unless you are doing a ton of tax returns, it's not worth the money.

As much as I hate to endorse TurboTax, I'd say try the Business program first and see how you feel about it since it's probably your best bet for navigating through a complicated 1120-S return. Is this what you used last year?

Messages In This Thread