rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting rid of female "friends"

Getting rid of female "friends"

Hey Playas,

This is something that I struggle with. In the past year, I've done my best to shrug off female friends who don't add anything to my life. Generally speaking, I have been quite successful at this: I cut out three of four girls in my life who were demanding on my attention but unwilling to put out or actually be helpful.

I still, however, find myself struggling to shake one of them off.

I met her about two years ago when I was just kind of learning about the red pill. We met a few times prior to that through friends, but we never spoke much and I didn't find much of anything interesting about her back then. Fast forward to 2013, she friended me on FB and we spoke a bit and decided to meet up for coffee (stupid).

She seemed to be into me at the time. She texted me after our meeting saying, "omg, I hope you still want to hang out some more. I really hope I didn't weird you out or anything."

I proceeded in typical beta fashion to reassure her that she had my enduring approval and I eventually attempted to ask her out on a date. She rejected me and hit me with LJBF. I accepted and find myself in the mess that I am in with her today.

Over the summer of 2014, I cut her out of my life, but I didn't delete the number, so instead of getting over her, I found out that I still had her number and reinitiated contact after finally breaking things off. I'm kicking myself in the ass for that today.

I feel like I've made a great deal of progress in my life after joining this forum, but she is one of those annoying girls that I developed oneitis for before I learned to defend myself from such nonsense.

I read epic beta's thread and a lot of the advice you guys gave to him is quite applicable, but I find myself relapsing back onto her.

Like, this past week we hadn't spoken to eachother in about a week in a half and I thought I was in the clear, but she sucked me back into her life through texts asking me for my advice on some dumb shit that I shouldn't have entertained:

"Fortis, what would you do if you were going out with a girl and you look at her phone and see that she has tinder notifications."

I reply with, "I wouldn't care because I wouldn't be going out with a girl exclusively in the first place. [Image: tongue.gif] you know this about me."

But she just kept bothering me about it, so I knew that some guy she is "seeing" is essentially playing her.

I told her to drop the guy and that she was going to end up wasting some of her best years (she just turned 24 this year, so she already lost those years) on guys that don't take her seriously. I know that I shouldn't have even replied to the text in the first place, but I find that she has a bit of a hold on me in that regard.

The above question lets me know that she's getting railed by some alpha who is playing her. I seriously don't want to know anything about her love life because it'll just lead to me torturing myself because the truth is that I never wanted friendship with her. Even if i were to help her out with advice (like I did) she'll continue to make decisions based on her emotions and not on logic and will continuously find herself in this situation over and over again. I don't want to be her emotional tampon.

She knows a fair bit about my life and how I've embraced a lifestyle of low-effort and zero commitment when it come to women. I broke a lot of the code and even explained a few red pill truths to her in regards to my dealings with women. She'll occasionally ask me how many dates I've been on this week and shit like that. I realize i've made a grave mistake by giving her access to that side of my life.

I deleted her number today, set up a date for friday night with another chick and even got another number today that I'm converting into a date for monday. I'm doing my best to make moves and forget about her, but she's just always reabsorbing me, like for example, she just got back from a trip to NOLA and she bought me some whiskey and a few things from the region. She really does consider me a friend, but I'm beginning to realize that I never wanted her friendship. I wanted to fuck her from the moment we started talking all those years back, but I was too weak to walk away when she rejected my beta proposal.

I'm wondering if you guys have any specific advice you might give that'll help me finally put the nail in the coffin on this one.

Thanks,

Fortis

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Messages In This Thread