rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Future of Publishing

The Future of Publishing

I wanted to get your opinion on the future of publishing.

Roosh has his book, self-published and under the public radar.

He has his niche covered through the blog.

What about aspiring young writers? I'm talking about young men in 20s.

The publishing industry is tight as an anus, and so many women act as gatekeepers on what goes through or not. If it has any hint of misogyny, it gets watered down and edited out. There seems to be no room for books geared toward men.

The only recent example I can think of is The Road, and even that had fame (Cormac is an established writer), mainstream crossover appeal (the sparse style was both artistic and accessible), and accidental publicity (women jumped on it only through Oprah). I just can't imagine any literary agent or publisher tolerating something like Fight Club if a draft was sent to them.

Which leads to the question: How can a book address the problems facing this current generation if it has no mainstream outlet to reach the male readers?

With the growing e-book industry and more people self-publishing, I'm curious to see what you guys think would be the best way to reach a big audience.

Messages In This Thread