rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Looking for advice on best place for me to live in Eastern Europe

Looking for advice on best place for me to live in Eastern Europe

Ok let’s sum up a few points:

You are 40yo, looking mid 30s, you want to move longterm to EE, you have money to spend and you like to show it, you want a safe environment, you don’t mind to learn a new language

In my opinion the best city for you as a base would be Kiev. You could learn russian ( after 3 months of living and studying hard you will be able to hold a basic conversation) Russian gives you access to the whole former Soviet Union. What‘s the point of learning Polish, Czech or Hungarian, as they have most english speakers anyway.

Of course in the beginning you are pretty much limited to English speakers in Ukraine. In Kiev it would not be much of an issue though. Staying longterm in Kiev, having time will yield into much better results than many short term visitors here report. Ukraine/Russia does not have a ONS culture. As I recently read all Colombia threads it’s similar to Medellin – you need to date. Actually I planned to leave for a year to Colombia in May, however I have changed my mind and will spent the summer in Ukraine/Russia first.

In can assure you that Kiev is a 100% safe city – in 3 months I never had a single incident. A nice benefit: the crashed UAH makes living in Kiev crazy cheap right now and even Russia much more affordable than before.

Gosh 900 is right when he complains about ukrainian girls personality. Indeed quite a few are boring and have not much to say. Polish/Czech girls are definately much nicer – however I think in Poland the age difference thing is not in your favour. In Ukraine dating 20yo girls wouldn’t be a problem. As mentioned ONS are rare and some girls think sex will be a prize she is giving to the guy. That can be annoying after a while.

Also food sucks – I agree. But EE in general is not known for having the best cuisine.

Regarding gold-digging girls and the myth that all ukrainian girls desperately want to leave the country – I have really no idea where this comes from – it’s definately not true anymore.

Worldwidetraveller has said it – @Gosh900 how much time did you spend in Ukraine?

I assure you staying longterm and speaking bit of Russian and things will be different of how you described it.

Messages In This Thread