rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Neighborhood Life

Neighborhood Life

TLDR:
Realize I should meet my neighbors. Lived here so long that I can't think of a natural way to do it. I don't wanna move cause my family's here.

--
Hello. I'm new here, though I've lurked a lot. I credit Roosh V and ROK with helping to change my whole view on life. I never knew how to be cool before but now I do.

'Cept it's hard. I realize now that family is most important. Im 26. I moved back with my parents about 8 months ago. My sister's away at school so it's just me and mom and dad. It's cool. But I only realized a little while ago that in a neighborhood it's not enough to just be on good terms with everyone in the house. You gotta be cool with everyone around, too. But I only recently realized that and I've lived here again for so long I can't just go around re-introducing myself and trying to talk and get to know everyone. (Or can I?)

I used to avoid my neighbors because I was a nerd in middle and high school. I felt I didn't fit in with the regular kids from the neighborhood. (I hung out with them but I gradually retreated into my 'studies' more and more up until college).

So I moved away to college and had some friends there, graduated, lived with my friends just fuckin' around and makin' rent. Started reading RoK and Roosh and realizing that all those dreams of "Fairness for all" and "Justice" and "Equality" that they teach in school and on TV were not real.

So I asked myself what is real? What has always been real? The only answer is family and self-survival. At all costs. Relative to the values of your family, your society, your tribe. So I was like what is my tribe? My parents moved here from Mexico. We live an hour or more from our closest family. We are Mexican but not exactly. What are we? What are our values?

I realized I didn't know. That I should go out into the neighborhood (mostly hispanic, lower-income suburban, working class, but everybody's doin' alright, some people probably even more than alright) and find out what everybody does. What it's like to make it here.

But by the time I realized that it was 2 or 3 months into me living here again. Before then I did as I always did in my youth, just casually ignore everybody.

But now I know I messed up. I should have gone and said "My bad for not talkin' to y'all before. I was too caught up with school. Now I know it was all a mistake. So what do you do? How have you made it in America? What kinda badass car is that? What y'all do for fun around here? Let's go do some of that." Shoulda. Didn't.

Everybody kinda knows who I am. Or at least that I live here with my parents. My parents know some people. I say hi to them. Next door neighbors, the ones across the street. But I dunno. It's been so long now I don't know how to just go over there and get in their business.

I tried with the ones next door. We kinda cool. But not enough. I always hear them outside chillin, bein' cool. Sometimes I wave hi. But after so many days not doing anything it feels impossible to just go get in the mix.

Feel like an outcast in my own village.

And it's my own fault.

I wanna live here. I wanna live like a little village where everyone knows each other, looks out for each other. That'd be a tough test of character with everyone judging you, knowing you, but that's how humans have survived forever. It feels so unnatural not talking to the people that live around me. But its so harrrrrrd to start now.

Like looking at a girl too long before making the approach. Might as well just let her go and go the next one. But I can't go to the next ones. I live here and these are the people right around me.

The only thing to do is to keep hangin' outside a lil' everyday. Casually say hi. Slowly it'll get better.

I don't wanna move. I don't make enough to get my own apartment in the city center. And I love being with my mom and dad. It's how roving native americans hunted, how vikings lived, how all the real people of all time lived. I just made the mistake of not making friends with my neighbors and the rest of the people around here when I first moved back. Now it's hard.

Suck it up and do it.

Messages In This Thread