rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz
0th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz
Quote: (01-29-2015 01:33 PM)Libertas Wrote:  

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine came back after a while. This friend's father is a Swiss man who served in the Swiss army as a medic, has practiced medicine around the world and been to a lot of places, has met all kinds of people, etc. He's one of my favorite guys to talk to.

Even though he's far from being PC, he said something that surprised me (paraphrasing):

"The Holocaust is just being used as guilt-tripping to make a lot of money."

And that's really all it is these days. It's being used as a cudgel of political correctness and as a money maker for certain interests. It's gotten to the point that I just really can't care about it anymore.

It's another reason why I just can't help but laugh at white nationalists who make such a big deal over it. They are expending far too much energy on denialism instead of building the future. It's another reason why they'll never get anywhere.

Sure it was a horrible crime, but as has been mentioned it is not unique even in the 20th century. It is overhyped and has become meaningless through overuse. If you want it to be venerated, it needs to stop being used as a guilt-tripping cudgel of political correctness and instead should be left to be remembered in its proper historical context - a consequence of divisive political radicalization in a once-free society.

Perhaps that sounds cold, but I was never an emotional person to start with, and the passive-aggressive victimization narrative irks me. I just look at it all and shrug my shoulders.

More should be discussed about the Jewish uprisings in the ghettos against the Nazis.

Indeed. I suppose if the roles were reversed, nobody would really even give a shit about the Holocaust.

Oh, wait... heard of Holodomor?

Didn't think so.

As a little Christian sidenote, though, the Jews did claim responsibility for Jesus death before Pilate, saying "Let his blood be on us and on our children."

Messages In This Thread