rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Johnny Storm (Human Torch) is Black in the new Fantastic Four Movie

Johnny Storm (Human Torch) is Black in the new Fantastic Four Movie

Quote: (01-28-2015 12:13 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2015 12:03 PM)The Reactionary Tree Wrote:  

I wonder how many of the guys here who support the switching of characters races are against the switching of the genders as seen over on the Ghostbusters thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-41162.html

Isn't a bit hypocritical to support one but be against the other? I doubt anyone on this forum is going to see the next Ghostbusters for the reason that they switched the genders. So why does it make you a Stormfronter Nazi if you are opposed to switching of the characters races?

Can you imagine the forum response if someone in that thread seriously posted "if this really bothers you, then you clearly have a misogyny problem"?

I'm annoyed by the ghostbusters thing but not by this. I simply believe gender is much more fundamental to a character's essence than race is. The differences in outlook, behavior, etcetera between men and women is vastly greater than between guys of difference races, generally speaking. As a white man, interacting with a black guy is almost identical to interacting with a white guy, whereas interacting with a woman is something else entirely.

Messages In This Thread