rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Filed for divorce, starting over at age 35

Filed for divorce, starting over at age 35

Quote: (01-27-2015 11:03 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Quote: (01-27-2015 08:11 PM)CactusCat589 Wrote:  

Did you marry the single mom before or after finding this forum?

How did you set up the prenupt and the pre-marriage legalities? What were the factors and conditions that made it hard for her or the judge to overturn? I'm just surprised you got out of it intact, especially since she had a kid. Did they try to trap you into child support?

*gulp* Yes I married her after finding this forum. This forum was in its infancy, I think in those days, and didn't really use it much at all.

The thing is, although I was aware of the game and played it some, got laid some, I craved connection with another human being. I felt like I wasn't really happy doing serial dating or even dating multiple girls at the same time. I wanted more. I felt isolated and wanted a connection. That's the way we humans are wired, I guess.

But yeah, I put my hand in the fireplace and got burned. Being alone and craving a connection isn't all that bad if I can actually go out, travel, and meet people and get laid with some nice looking chicks here and there. I would very much rather have that than ruin my life over some bitch way past her physical peak.

This I can understand. Given the nature of my work, my schedule, and the lives of my friends (they're all getting married or entering LTRs), I am alone more than 95% of the time. It can be hard. It cant be lonely. It has its ups and downs. I can say I am happier now than I was a year ago. This community has really helped me personally. Hopefully it will help you as well.

It often seems that I have no meaningful relationships in my life. It sucks being alone & literally having no one to talk to about anything really.

You become so eager for attention that you will overlook the flaws in others just because you have found someone to connect with.

I understand all that. As others have mentioned, you cannot let your judgement be clouded by your desire for attention & human interaction.

Congrats on exiting a terrible marriage without any crippling battle wounds. You are 35, single, and the world is now your playground.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Messages In This Thread