rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

IT Skills that Lend to Freelancing, Remote Working, Location Independence, etc.

IT Skills that Lend to Freelancing, Remote Working, Location Independence, etc.

You guys are thinking about it in the wrong way here though. I like speakeasy has great web programming skills back in 1999-2002. I'd self taught all the HTML, PHP and Paint (yes i used paint) stuff back then. As I entered university, I had no time after to keep up with the ongoing updates, therefore my skills in the market are redundant.

However there are still some elements that are the same. For example the structure of programming remains the same and the structure of a website can be the same. Use these skills to create your own business.

Decide what your business is going to be, you don't need any experience in this business, it's IT after all however you need to ensure that your solutions match the requirements of your client. Your aim is to outsource every job to someone else, take as much of a cut as you can and project manage the creation of the solution. Your work consists of using your game skills to get clients and then using management skills to ensure that your outsourced staff complete the tasks to a high level. You'll be engaged in basically selling and diligence to make money. Over time you'll build a reliable team of programmers, developers or designers that you can rely on.

With some great ideas, you'll be able to set up a subscription service. Once you've signed 10-100 clients, the subscription service will be your monthly income and you'll no longer require to gain any clients unless it's necessary. Thereafter you can live wherever the fuck you want.

Even in a highly competitive market, you can gain an advantage by offering a unique selling point. I've done some market research on the industry, I'm about to enter and the main qualms the customers have is that there is no personal touch. My USP will be that, a personal service.

So here's the plan (sort of)

Gain a client by selling -> define the workload -> outsource workload -> manage the process to ensure its done within timeframe and budget -> diligence over end product -> happy customer

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Messages In This Thread