rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

IT Skills that Lend to Freelancing, Remote Working, Location Independence, etc.

IT Skills that Lend to Freelancing, Remote Working, Location Independence, etc.

Quote: (01-27-2015 09:40 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Ideally, build your own product that can be sell. Something scalable. Fuck trading hours for a rate. I think apps are good if you have the skill. I like the idea that you can build the app and it can make you money while you're sleep. Creating useful Wordpress themes and plugins might be lucrative if you're an expert at PHP. That could be scalable income as well.

I agree

It's much easier to build a product for the masses with features you consider essential and tweak it as you learn what features are lacking.

You will always be time-constrained as a one-man team. Even if you are getting paid a ridiculous amount of money, there are only 24 hrs in a day. You can only earn so much income this way.

I believe you can increase your income by working as an IT contractor, leading a couple of small teams. At this point, you would need to add other skills to your repertoire.

I know a guy from Venezuela who is leading a team of freelance programmers and who is partnered with a guy in the States. The first makes sure the developer team gets it done while the other is in charge of the negotiation. At the end of the day, there is plenty of money left for everyone.

Make every day count.

Messages In This Thread