rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life decision to be made

Life decision to be made

Hi Guys,

I'm hijacking this thread as I don't want to start a new one.

My conundrum is similar to the OP's and I wanted some advice. I know what direction I'm leaning towards but want someone to play Devil's Advocate.

Background:

27 Years old and currently living at home with the parents after making a big decision to switch careers and country.

I worked in Sales in the UK and Australia to save money in order to study for my dream job (Pilot). Following my studies I am now in Chile waiting for the coveted job.

I am now in a good position and this is where you guys come in:

Option 1: Have a potential job with an Airline here working as Cabin Crew. They don't need pilots at the moment but getting in this way will give me an advantage over others for when they do start to recruit. First two months is unpaid training then a salary of about $1000 a month which for here is ok. Would have to live at home but partying and women are still on the cards as I can crash at friends houses.

Obvious pros: One step closer to the dream job which I have worked my arse off to get. Lots of travelling involved to the US, South America, Europe list goes on. Young co-workers, also beautiful stewardesses (remember this isn't in the US[Image: icon_biggrin.gif]) to expand my budding social circle. Low stress level work and lots of time off.

Cons: No guarantee of the pilot job in the future and average pay.

Option 2: Sales job with a leading company here. Pay is $3000 per month which for here gets you set up in a very good apartment in the city. Going out whenever I like and getting my independence back which I have always had as I have always lived away from home.

Pros: Salary, networking, independence.

Cons: Stressful, not my passion, have learnt a lot from sales but not much more to be gained long term apart from the cashish!

If I don't choose the Cabin Crew job I can always apply to pilot at any time without significant hurt to my chances however it could be at any time 3/6/12 months etc So very disrespectful to the Sales employer if I am trained up and then leave after 6 months. Also Pilot job here pays mega cash after 5 years plus all the pros from the cabin crew position.

What would you do in my shoes?

Messages In This Thread