rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

80's/90's Hip-Hop, R&B, Soul & Funk Thread
0's/90's Hip-Hop, R&B, Soul & Funk Thread
It's time to warm this thread up with some Funk and Soul from 1980s Los Angeles.

George Benson - "Give Me the Night" (1980)

Beverly Hills Cop, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Less Than Zero, Repo Man, Valley Girl, To Live and Die in L.A., The Karate Kid, Fletch, Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo...Los Angeles was the place to be in the 80s, and no one embodies that spirit more than George Benson in this video.

The Whispers - "Keep On Lovin' Me" (1983)

The house band at Death Row Records. No one has more fun than The Whispers.

Shalamar - "A Night To Remember" (1982)

They just don't make videos anymore like they did in the 80s.

Patrice Rushen - "Remind Me" (1982)

Time to slow things down for a minute with a silky, sweet ballad from the girl who sent us "Forget Me Nots."

Prime Time - "I Owe It To Myself" (1984)

And now we can warm it all back up again with Prime Time. This song was a minor hit on the R&B charts in 1984 and was covered by The Gap Band the following year.

The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators. - Thomas B. Macaulay

Rick Von Slonecker is tall, rich, good-looking, stupid, dishonest, conceited, a bully, liar, drunk and thief, an egomaniac, and probably psychotic. In short, highly attractive to women. - Whit Stillman

Messages In This Thread