rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Outside of the game, do you have an active social life?

Outside of the game, do you have an active social life?

No, below average. The main reason for this is that until about age 25 I was socially awkward so I didn't connect with and hang on to the people I met before that. And I lack both the desire and ability to go back on those leads after the fact.

After that though I made this one solid friend through our mutual like of clubbing and through him I entered his circle of male friends from his part of the city. So I'm plugged into this one circle of dudes. They're good, fun guys, not beta; they picked up cold in the mid-2000s, but the problem now is that they're washed up and can't compete in the hyper-competitive environment of the '10s. Before, they eschewed befriending and orbiting girls because they could just go find them in the clubs, but it's not that easy anymore. And thus while I have male friends, I have no female friends.

As Roosh has said, "Back in 2002, having a social circle didn’t provide huge benefits because attractive girls were more accessible in night venues, but we’re seeing a shift to where having a deep roster of friends and high status within that social group will be necessary to get access that was essentially 'free' before." So social circles are a requirement now. And this is a problem, because social circles are really hit or miss; they're a real slough. They vary in size, in permeability, in quality. They could be great or they could be lame as shit. They are huge, uncertain time investments. They could be a complete waste and you have to put up with a lot of bullshit along the way. For late 20s, more introverted, logically-minded, non-clownish guys like me with a perhaps over-inflated sense of dignity for this day and age, they are a daunting prospect. If only I could just do 30 approaches at the bar and reliably 'cash out' with a cute, thin prospect every time and forego all this social orbiting BS ... but no it's not like that anymore.

So but now that I acknowledge this reality, what am I doing? Early in 2014 I made some minor efforts but they fizzled out due to circumstance. I live in a very socially cold city - it's tough to meet people. For now, I am not trying to make any inroads anymore because I am currently in a transition/"time out" period in my life. I plan to do a lot of traveling in 2015 and perhaps relocate to a new city. I could start afresh in the latter. It would be interesting to see how it goes. As for other community/"red pill" guys, fuckin' lol, don't kid yourself, most I've met are just losers or weirdos.

Messages In This Thread