rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's a good Master to get next?

What's a good Master to get next?

Others have beat me to it, but I’d say something like statistics or applied mathematics.

Here in the US, Sociology is not a high paying masters. Since you sound like you have a quantitative orientation, a math focused degree would be a good option. Your masters in Sociology, in conjunction with a math oriented degree, might be what makes your CV look interesting in the end - a numbers guy who also has dabbled in the softer aspects of social behavior.

I’m going on the assumption that you have the time and money for another degree and, as you mentioned, you actually like school. There is some value to actually getting out there and working. See what you really like doing in the real world. In some cases, a specialized degree is a requirement for entry in a particular field. For example, a humanities degree won’t get you a job as an actuary or a software engineer. Your interests sound varied enough that work experience might be what you need.

Just my rough thoughts.

Good luck.

Messages In This Thread