rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tell us about the biggest attention whore you know

Tell us about the biggest attention whore you know

Quote: (01-13-2015 11:01 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Invisibility is kryptonite to women.

That's some real truth right there.
I personally know a lot of attention whores, but there's one in particular that stands out.

During my late teens I was a big fan of cosplay (for those of you who aren't familiar, it's crafting costumes and props of fictional characters and acting as them, literally costumed roleplay) and was part of a large community.
I enjoyed it for the craftsmanship and escapism elements, but since taking the red pill I haven't gone back to it. Mostly because I enjoy being myself far more these days.

Anyway, another member of the community was a twentysomething girl who attracted a lot of attention to herself - was constantly having pictures taken, being invited to speak in public, had accounts with facebook, pof, deviantart, the works.

Eventually I called her out on her attention whoring and was hit with the predictable barrage of insults: "Why are you such an asshole, you can't handle a real woman, basement dweller..." et cetera.
And of course she had white knights to come rallying to her defense.

What was most illuminating was the fact that she wasn't all that. Maybe a 7 on a good day.
And yet she was surrounded by thirsty betas.

I couldn't understand the reasoning behind it until an ROK post a few months back that talked about the invasion of feminist women into otaku culture.
Whereas before it had been a male-dominated field by men who had very little exposure to women and virtually no understanding of game or the red pill, it became saturated with distinctly average girls professing 'nerd' personalities in the hopes of garnering attention.
And it worked. By finding a previously unexploited niche, these girls were able to get as much validation as they needed/wanted as opposed to having to compete in otherwise saturated markets.

Thank God I turned my back on all that shit.

Messages In This Thread