rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rapper Kendrick Lamar Starts a Controversy about his comments on Ferguson

Rapper Kendrick Lamar Starts a Controversy about his comments on Ferguson

Quote: (01-12-2015 11:03 PM)Avon Barksdale Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2015 12:24 PM)JoyStick Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2015 08:23 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2015 01:15 AM)Joga Bonito Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2015 01:01 AM)Avon Barksdale Wrote:  

J cole, Kendrick Lemar, Childish Gambino, and Logic smartest dudes in the rap game

Jay Electronica. Mos Def. Black Thought. Nas. Common.

Those guys are the Old Guard. You must throw Nas in there as well. Pharoahe Monch probably as well with De La Soul and Slick Rick.

MF Doom, Ras Kass, and Cannabis could also get an honorable mention as well. I bet I am missing another guy, but it is too early to think rap right now. [Image: tongue.gif]

I never heard of Childish Gambino or Logic, I will have to check them out when I get a chance. Kirko Bangz can be pretty interesting with his witty lines regarding social interactions with people, but he isn't super deep though. Deep for a Southern rapper though.

Childish Gambino is overrated. His fame comes from acting and not his rapping skills. Childish Gambino thinks he's smart, but he just sounds like a SJW hipster to me. He's popular among the beta hipsters crowd.

Logic is talented.

Kirko is cool, but if you want to listen to a deep southern rapper, I recommend Big Krit.

Boosie was in solitary confinement for 18 months while he was locked up. He spent a lot of that time reading and has been drug free since he been out. I'm glad he made the most out of going to prison and is back. Boosie is great for hip hop.

I disagree on Bino, granted he is kinda on some weird shit now, but his world play is dope.

Like someone mentioned before though, Logic is straight raw, One of my top 3 favorite emcee's right now.

It's obvious which artist he reminds me of, but he seems like a pretty cool dude. He apparently saw his sister raped in front of him, dunno whether it was a "rape" or an actual rape. He also apparently sold crack to his dad. Add to that being bi-racial, that's a lot of shit to lay down on his tracks. He's got the skill to do it well, too.

Messages In This Thread