rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Protecting my ass if anarchy comes?

Protecting my ass if anarchy comes?

Quote: (01-09-2015 04:58 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

Quote: (01-09-2015 10:37 AM)Surreyman Wrote:  

If i thought civil unrest was possible, i'd buy a crossbow at least.

I agree. A crossbow allows one to hunt animals and to kill hostiles without making too much noise. And there is no need for ammo, for arrows can be reused.

[Image: gWrcbuu.jpg]

Ideally, one would live in a large building where one's neighbors are one's buddies. In case of social unrest, the whole building could be defended by a cohesive platoon-sized unit.

Here's my nerd speculation:

In a situation where you would need to draw and release quickly i'd say a regular recurve bow with a low draw weight would be superior to any other ranged option outside of a firearm. The reason why it's better than a crossbow is speed. Crossbows are traditionally used for static defense.

Plus a plain old modern recurve will have plenty of power and a modern crossbow or bow will overpenetrate anyways. It's not like on TV/movies.. that arrow will easily blow through a person in most cases.

You also get historical bonus points for firing an arrow at a rampaging muslim from a recurve bow.

Triple bonus points if you do it on horseback.

Messages In This Thread