rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Riding Scooters or Motorbikes in Asia

Riding Scooters or Motorbikes in Asia

I had a bad crash a couple weeks back and had to fly back to the UK because of it. I was about 5 days into 3 week trip riding from Hanoi down to HCMC.

I got blindsided and smashed into by a Viet dude, I was pretty cut up, the bike was fucked and I immediately knew that my right foot was broken. I've broken my hand a couple times and I've had enough ligament and muscular injuries to be able to tell the difference.

It was a bit of a nightmare dealing with the medical care, even in Hanoi's best international hospital. Nobody spoke barely a word of English They gave me X-Rays and told me nothing was broken. I knew that weren't right, I couldn't walk, my foot was swollen up like a balloon.

So I got the first avaliable flight back to the UK covered by my insurance. I'm meant to be heading to university/college later this year on a partial scholarship to play ball and to study. I wasn't taking any chances.

I get to my UK hospital, get a couple more X Rays, a CT and a bone scan.

They tell me I have a nondisplaced navicular fracture, I also go back a week later for a follow up they tell me I also have a fracture at the base of my fourth metatarsal.

Plan of action is I have a month non weight bearing with a protective boot, they didn't wanna operate straight away as it's nondisplaced. However I got to head back early March for more tests and will be booked in for surgery if it hasn't yet healed.

Its been a few weeks of this sitting around unable to really go very far shit, it's frustrating and best case scenario I'm looking at a 6 month lay off before I can return to full contact drills and play on the court. If it isn't healing and I have to go through surgery and such, could be up to 20 months.

Anyone that knows the NBA will know the trouble big men have had over the years with this injury. I'm only 6'3 and 205 so that helps I suppose.

The only real pro comparison I have from someone coming back real strong is the great Michael Jordan. He took 6 months out, came back and dropped 63 on the Celtics in the playoffs, got bounced and then rested the whole summer. Went on to win 6 championships and become a billionaire.

My message is be careful out there, but it can happen anywhere when your riding a bike. Sometimes life serves you up a shit sandwich and you just gotta deal with it.

Messages In This Thread