rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RIP US$?

RIP US$?

Wow, I've never seen the US$ so low. Since I work online and get paid in US$, when I transfer those US$ into Canadian $, I'm losing about 10% right of the bat in the exchange rate. That's crazy. While it's good to have a strong and highly valued Canadian $ as it makes going to the US cheaper for us when we go south of the border and when it comes to buying stuff online, which for 95% are in US$. However, when it comes to getting paid in US$, it sucks royally. Anyways, any other Canuck out there getting killed by the deadly combo of very low US$ and the exchange rates? How do you guys handle that in order not to lose 10% right off the bat when you withdraw the $? As I type this, I'm trying to transer from my US$ account into my Canadian acct $2KUS$ into Canadian $ and I'm getting only $1842 in Canadian $!!!! Damn!!!!

I remember reading a few years ago that Gisele Bundchen, the Brasilian model, renogatiated her contract with her US based sponsors, that from now on, she would get paid not in US$ but in Euros or Pounds. Damn smart girl! I wish I could do the same...LOL I fondly remember the days when the US$=1.2 Canadian dollar when those cool 1K US$ commissions gave me about $1200 in canadian $ and it wasn't that long ago (december 2008, early 2009). Back around 2002, when the US$ was trading at 1.6 Canadian, it must have been SWEET getting paid in US$, but I wasn't online at the time.

Anyways, anyone else in here being badly affected by the sinking US dollar? And what are you doing to offset/recoup that loss? How is the low US$ affecting your business(es), whether it'd be positively or negatively? For all the economists or wanna-be economists out there, when is the US$ going to stop sinking?It surely cannot go any lower, can it now?

Messages In This Thread