rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

United Airlines Sues 22 Year Old Over Skiplagged

United Airlines Sues 22 Year Old Over Skiplagged

Quote: (12-30-2014 03:29 PM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

During the Egyptian revolution I was in Cairo, trying to find a flight out of that shithole to Istanbul. The flights were canceled I guess because the tickets were very expensive. However tickets from Sharm el Sheikh to Istanbul connecting at Cairo were very cheap. I asked the airline company if I can buy that flight, skip the first connection and just catch the second connection at Cairo to Istanbul. They said no, if I skip the first, the second one gets canceled automatically.

How is it possible for a S.e.S.-Cairo-Istanbul flight to be cheaper than Cairo-Istanbul flight and why is it against the interest of the airline companies to forbid me from skipping the first one and taking the second one? If someone has more insight to this, can he explain to me? If not, fuck the airline companies. I say, trick them greedy moneygrabbing assholes as much as you can. It's their fault that non-stop flights are more expensive than connected flights. Actually it's a concrete proof that they are conning us.

There are certain industries that the government should intervene with and not let the free market decide what they charge. Airlines are one of them. Last year in Turkey the government set a 130 dollars limit for domestic flight tickets. Nothing bad happened. No airline bankrupted. No tickets on the black market. Turkish Airlines was still one of the fastest growing airlines in the world. It only did good for the customers. The regulation got canceled because some greedy airlines started violating it and when the others saw their competitors violating it they violated too. This would not work in international flights, but if a government passes such law for domestic flights and keeps it under strict supervision to prevent any airline from violating it, both customers and airlines will benefit from this. Only then people would not need to ''skiplag''. Until then, fuck'em.

You're hitting on something which affects every means of travel. Ships, trains and planes.

Just this holiday in the UK there were limited trains and buses running in major artery transport routes. I'm talking about London and other cities. Over the festive period they decided it would be a good idea to fuck people over and do engineering works.

Not only do they pay the engineers more over this period, not including over time but they screw the cash cow that is the paying public.

Season tickets run into the thousands here and they still need subsidising. Yet they report massive profits, just like the energy industries.

You're right when you say there should be limits but these companies have big lawyers and even bigger money backers. All they could do is say this; "what you gonna do about it?" This infrastructure isn't cheap and needs constant repairs and updates so if you were to go all communist on them the whole system would be left to rot to the bare minimum.

Messages In This Thread