rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advice on Bogota...

Advice on Bogota...

Hello there mate.

I have been in & out of Bogotá for the past 2 years. Staying here in Bogotá till Feb 2nd. 2015.

Quick advice:

1. Chapinero is aight as long as you are OK with the hippyish vibe, the area is not really considered ºniceº. Used to be the place where upscale Colombians lived maybe 20 years ago, now is very commercial, noisy, a bit dodgy at nights. I used to purchase my weed there. If I were you I will stay at park Virrey or closer to the 93 Where I am now. Place is on the posh side, tons of nice women, nice places to eat, bars, coffee places,etc...Considering your budget I will stay there. I am right next to Andino mall.

2. Bogotá´s nighlife ends quite early comparing to other Colombian cities. Checking Chia´s Andrés Carne de RES is a must. Go there, you will have the time of your life. Guaranteed.

3. Traffic is insanely terrible. Try to stay in a place close to the bars you want to hit every night.

4. There is a website where Colombians want to practice english with a native english speaker. The site works like this: You registered and then you go to a bar or a coffee shop. You speak english to them, then they buy you a drink or a coffee as way to thank you (They already know english, they just need somebody to practice it with and maybe fix some pronunciation flaws or whatever). Great way to meet people, most guys/girls who are on there are college students/professional with good network and connection to beautiful women, this was my way in. I will come back to you with the name.

5. Stay as long as possible in Manizales /Zona cafetera. Cheap as hell, great coffee, nice women, very open to foreigners. I spent only a week. Thinking in going there for 6 months or so. Place is underrated as shit. Make sure you fly from Bogotá. I took the bus and took forever, it was like 300km and took over 12 hours.

6. Medellín has enough information on here. My 2 cents, if you like massage parlors go to LOUTRON. I am not that into that scene but I went there with an Asian customer. Never seeing so many hot women together in my life. Worth checking out.

This is what you need to know regarding nighlife in Bogota:

> Lunes: Go for a Beer at Park of 93.
> Martes: Gringo Tuesday en La Villa
> Miércoles: Quiebra Canto en La Candelaria, una mezcla entre música occidental y los éxitos de Colombia
> Jueves: El Coq en la Zona T, con buena música electrónica e indie
> Viernes: Parque 93, practique Salsa en el Galeria Cafe Libro o baile en el hermoso 6L6
> Sábado: Que sea una noche para recordar, vaya a Chia a Andrés Carnes de Res o a Theatron en Chapinero
> Domingo: Vaya a la Calera al Mirador Paloma para cenar y escuchar música en vivo con impresionantes vistas de Bogotá.

The harder you practice, the luckier you get.

Messages In This Thread