rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Skip College and Travel

Skip College and Travel

Quote:Quote:

if you had a $1M a year travel allowance, would you still travel and stay the same way?

I've considered this many times and I actually think I would MOST of the time. I'd probably fly first class from home to my destination because it's much better than sitting in economy but once there I would still want to have the hostel experience (love it!) and travel overland because to me that's real travelling and actually good fun. Whilst I could hit an expensive hotel whenever I wanted if money is no object there's not many other aspects of my travels I'd change. I don't care for fancy & expensive restaurants, bars and clubs. I don't like taking internal flights. So I don't see how it would change much. I like the way I travel it's not something that's done out of neccessity of being broke.

Typically they build airports at those places which are worth visiting. They don't just build it in the middle of nowhere. But, to each their own.

Most ridicolous comment I've read on here. Absolute nonsense. Said by someone who only goes on package tours to big 'must see' destinations and has no idea about actual travelling. Airports tend to be confined to cities & beach resorts (not always but mostly) and those are certainly not the only places worth visiting.

Yes, you'll meet one more person who stays in the same room. Worse, you'll meet him no matter if you like it or not.
Personally I don't even understand why someone would be interested in meet "fellow travelers", but maybe this is just me.

One more person? Usually there's about 6-12 people in the same room actually so you've got a choice and if you don't like someone they are easily avoided, you just got speak to some other people who are staying in one of the other dorm rooms of the same hostel.

I don't understand why you wouldn't be interested in meeting 'fellow travellers'. If someone is in the same country as you, doing a similar trip they're probably of a similar nature to you or at least have some shared interests. You've both decided to visit a certain country / place that has to count for something. I like meeting people from all over, regardless of whether they live in the country or are a fellow tourist as long as they are a good person.

Messages In This Thread