rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Soy protein: actually a good thing?

Soy protein: actually a good thing?

Hi guys,

I've just finished reading "The Testosterone Syndrome" by Eugene Shippen, a very interesting book, on which I'll do a full review probs on my blog soon, but one thing totally stunned me: this guy recommends many guys with high Estrogen to actually start taking soy protein. I thought this was insane until I read his explanation:

"the chief importance of soy is that it is high in isoflavones, a type of phytoestrogen very similar in chemical structure to human estrogens but far weaker. Typically such estrogens have only about 1/500 the active effect of estradiol, the most active human estrogen. High levels of phytoestrogens compete with the female hormone for receptor sites in your body, block its actions - which can include some inhibition of pituitary functions - and stimulate the P450 system in the liver to more actively process and excrete excess estrogen".

This is contrary to apparently what most people seem to believe. A simple Google search indicates the fad is "soy increases your estrogen".

Time to hit pubmed and look for studies, but in the meantime interested in anyone's thoughts...

Cheers
Bodi

Messages In This Thread