rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

“Do The Left Thing” satirical column that led to the author's home being vandalized

“Do The Left Thing” satirical column that led to the author's home being vandalized

Quote: (12-16-2014 07:33 PM)rocksteady Wrote:  

As per Reason, looks like he was let go from the Daily after he refused to apologize. They used an archaic bylaw that states than an individual has to have approval from the editor of the Daily to work at both newspapers. I'm not sure how this will play out given that it's a public university and he was pressured to apologize before being terminated for a different reason. Either way, I'm looking forward to these femitards getting busted for vandalism. How he goes after them for as much as he can.

Edit: here's the Reason article http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/15/social...ze-apartme

I'm glad Reason is writing about this. But writer Robby Soave claims the vandalism and intolerance is due to "liberalism." Wrong.

True liberalism helped expand free speech back in the days of the Berkeley Free Speech movement of the 1960s (look it up). The Berkeley Barb would have loved an editorial like this and they were as liberal as they come. The late, beloved super-liberal folk singer Phil Ochs thrilled his audiences with a cutting satirical song that poked fun at liberals called "Love Me, I'm a Liberal" in 1966.

What we have here is college-women's-culture and feminism shutting down free speech. Like in elementary school. As long as conservatives keep trotting out the inaccurate insult of "liberalism," they will get nowhere because they're fighting the wrong enemy.

Liberalism in its classic form did not bring us this culture. Feminism did. Feminism falls under the umbrella of liberalism and brought us political correctness, which helped poison the cause, so it's easy to get it mixed up. But before feminism, liberals were all about free speech. And they could be funny. That Ochs tune is hilarious.

In fact, I bet Ochs would have loved this editorial. Here is a verse from that song:

"I cheered when Humphrey was chosen
My faith in the system restored
I'm glad the commies were thrown out
of the A.F.L. C.I.O. board
I love Puerto Ricans and Negros
as long as they don't move next door
So love me, love me, love me, I'm a liberal"

Messages In This Thread