rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Spending $162,301.42 on Clothes Made Me $692,500 (Lifestyle Marketing)

How Spending 2,301.42 on Clothes Made Me 2,500 (Lifestyle Marketing)

I admit to not being familiar with this internet marketer, although I'm aware of others with similar pitches. That said, anyone who isn't still living in a fraternity house or mom's basement should have the idea that sweatpants and flip flops aren't going to cut it in the broader business world. A older but still very good book on the subject of dress clothes, generally, is Dress For Success. Of course, fancy cars and uber-trendy clothes are going to impress the right people in the right circumstances, but in some instances not everyone will even notice, much less be impressed. In fact overdoing it can be off putting in some industries.

The only level I see him operating on is a very brief article used as a front for brochure-ware. Presumably though, he gets favorable responses or he would not keep doing it. I don't mean to come off as dismissive as I'm sure he knows his business, but much of this talk about wardrobes and cars seems self-evident to me as an older guy.

It's probably an indicator of a major disconnect the past couple of decades where many young people think dressing up means a collared shirt and pants other than jeans. I knew a law student fifteen years my junior who asked me to show him how to tie a tie, for crissakes. I don't really blame him and was happy to demonstrate, but I think it's demonstrative of the dearth of fathers or other influencers in the lives of young American men in this post-feminist infected Western world we share.

Messages In This Thread