rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chile Entrepreneurs

Chile Entrepreneurs

Quote: (12-12-2014 09:57 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

BH, have you been to Chile before? If not, check it out.
It is very nearly 1st world, and I could see it being a comfortable home base for expats.
Plenty of highly educated people there, a good amount of capital/upper class.
A strong legal system that is relatively free of corruption, a true rarity in Latin America.
If you buy a nice property or manage to get a business going, the mayor's son is not just going to steal it or have you beaten up and deported.
Due to mining and wine, lots of pre established export channels and banking arrangements.
When I was living in Peru, making a trip to Chile was like going forward 20 years.
The police were there to protect you, cars stopped for you when you crossed the street.
I am not exaggerating when I say I experienced culture shock in Chile after getting used to way things are in Peru.

Chile near first world standards?? Its pretty clear that you haven't been to Uruguay, Poland or Czech republic for give you some examples.
The north of chile is mostly underdeveloped, and there is still a lot of poverty in the country. Social inequality is big, poor people has to go to Argentina (YES BACKWARDS ARGENTINA) to have free education and healthcare. Chile has made strides towards development but it is nowhere near first world standards, unless you are rich or live in some
of poshest santiago neighborhoods.

Messages In This Thread