rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When Are You Losing Money By Keeping a Beater Car?

When Are You Losing Money By Keeping a Beater Car?

Quote: (12-15-2014 08:11 PM)poledaddy Wrote:  

Quote: (12-15-2014 07:38 PM)Engineer Wrote:  

Do the stall test yourself, it's not hard. Let the clutch out while it's in second with the e-brake on and the engine should stall.

Normally I'd say junk it if the repairs are more than the market value. A yard will give you $400, maybe you can sell it on the street for a little more since it's still running.

Thanks for your insights. He said that he drove it out on the highway to test the clutch, but didn't elaborate. What you are saying about the clutch and going cross country makes sense since I'm not going to be shifting on the highway. Also interesting is I just took it a week ago to the dealership for a free inspection, and they found a bunch of other issues but didn't mention a word about the clutch.

Stall Test: I wasn't really understanding what you were saying so I googled it - does this article describe accurately? http://www.utsandiego.com/uniontrib/2006...click.html - the part about "finding something stationary" seems odd.

Yes, that is about the same thing. Mech, any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread