rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Very weak lifts

Very weak lifts

6'2". 18. I weighed about 260 pounds at the beginning of 2014, and I'm currently 209. I worked out for the whole year basically, except for taking about a month long vacation in the summer. I'm currently working out 6 days a week, intermittent fasting, and just watching my caloric deficit (no heavy duty dieting). So I went to the gym tonight and started on deadlift. My one rep max was 235. For shits and giggles I decided to google whether that was a good deadlift or not. I was shocked and dismayed to find out that it's considered average for someone a lot smaller than me and untrained. How the hell am I so fucking weak after a damn year of weight training?

Then I moved on to bench press. My one rep max? A glorious 135. Seeing as I could barely move the bar at the beginning of the year, I suppose it's a bit of an increase. But still, I should be able to push a lot more after a year and being 6'2". I do have a hunch that the problem with that particular lift lies in my delts more than my pecs, as I have some of the smallest delts I have ever seen on anyone. However, for other muscles, I seem to do perfectly fine. For instance, I can pretty much lift the whole stack on triceps pushdown. And on leg extension machine I'm in the 300+ range for 6 reps.

The funny thing is, I don't look weak. My muscles' sizes seem to reflect where they should be after a year of cutting (other than my delts) and I definitely look more muscular than I did a year ago (even accounting for fat).

I'm really at my wits end as what to do. I'm majorly discouraged right now and very confused. Now if I could just cut off the rest of this damn fat I would actually be able to see how my muscles were developing.

Do I just have incredibly shitty genetics? Strange, considering my ancestors were Poles, who are generally considered to be strong.

Messages In This Thread