rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Psychology Today discusses the friend zone

Psychology Today discusses the friend zone

Quote: (12-09-2014 09:02 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

"I think we should just be friends. Those are seven of the most horrifying words a woman could ever utter to a man."

Can someone please explain to me how the hell the media began whitewashing the friendzone as a guy problem? This is bullshit. The premise of this entire article is based on a lie. Men friendzone women all the time but the "friendzone" is being used only to bash men.

1). Men friendzone women when they see them and don't think they're worth an approach. In this regard, men at least get conversations before they're friendzoned. Women get frozen out.

2). Men friendzone women when they talk to them but don't feel they're worth a number close.

3). Men friendzone women when they meet at a party but never follow up.

4). Men friendzone women they known when they're cool with saying "hi," but don't feel the woman is worth initiating a full conversation with.

5). Men friendzone women when they don't call for a second date.

6). Men friendzone women when they don't call the next day after sex.

7). Men friendzone the countless women they don't message on OKCupid and Match.com after seeing their profiles.

8). And finally, most of the millions and millions of men who can't be bothered to raise their own kids with single moms have friendzoned those women in some way.

Except for #8 these are all examples of rejection not friendzoning.

The core component of friendzoning is when the friendzonee is complicit in developing a surface level friendship after being explicitly rejected or after not having the balls to escalate to the point of rejection.

I do have some girls who I have friendzoned and kept as friends but it is rare. Most girls can not take the rejection since they have come to believe the lie that they can get sex whenever they want it or because their ego is so frail. Meanwhile there if you through a rock you would hit 10 guys that are currently in multiple friend zones.

Messages In This Thread