rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

FODMAP, a better low-carb dietary guideline

FODMAP, a better low-carb dietary guideline

Quote: (12-01-2014 10:30 PM)Soma Wrote:  

Quote: (12-01-2014 10:10 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

There is some good information on his blog but also some wacky bullshit like:

Quote:Quote:

Gliadin is a protein component of gluten that contains long stretches of glutamine residues, i.e. it is a polyglutamine protein similar to the protein that causes Huntington's disease.

This is exactly the type of wackjob statement that discredits "health gurus", especially when they provide zero literature or studies to back up their assertions. Glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid...where does its association with Huntington's disease come from?

What about that particular statement do you find "wackjob"? He is factually pointing out the molecular similarity between gliadin and huntingin protein, both of which contain multiple glutamine residues, not implying that glutamine (alone) or gliadin is associated to Huntington's disease. From Wikipedia:

Quote:Wikipedia Wrote:

[The huntingtin gene] is variable in its structure, as the many polymorphisms of the gene can lead to variable numbers of glutamine residues present in the protein. In its wild-type (normal) form, it contains 6-35 glutamine residues. However, in individuals affected by Huntington's disease (an autosomal dominant genetic disorder), it contains more than 36 glutamine residues (highest reported repeat length is about 250).

It sounds an awful lot like he is implicating that gliadin consumption is somehow associated with Huntington's disease, but I guess that's just me.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread