rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Heterogeneity in personality types and calibrating gaming styles

Heterogeneity in personality types and calibrating gaming styles

I've found learning about MBTI types to be very useful for improving my relationships. I've made a great effort to be as humble and open minded about others' feelings as I can, but being an ISTJ, my abilities in that regard are limited.

I'm currently navigating a situation with an ESFJ, and it's had ups and downs. Communication is often very enjoyable and satisfying with them. When there's disagreements, it's difficult. If I'm frustrated, I'm very frank and want to solve an issue immediately. But to her, she's extremely sensitive to criticism. If I had learned a bit more about personality types, this would have been easy to foresee. Now I know what to expect before it happens, and can head it off easily. Overthinking game made me seriously cut back on my complimenting frequency, but they're actually beneficial in this scenario.

I think it's a highly valuable tool in learning the hot buttons and hazards with the different people you come across. Definitely take a look.

Messages In This Thread